Attributed to Royal cabinet-makers Morel and Seddons.
A superb pair of Regency period amboyna and parcel gilt card tables, the D-shaped tops of exceptional quality amboyna, with a gilt beading to the lower frieze, supported on magnificent gilt turned and carved pedestals, on a shaped base of amboyna with parcel-gilt detailing, and standing on foliate deep-carved giltwood bun feet. The hinged tops opening to reveal green baize interiors, and a space underneath hidden in the frieze to store games pieces.
Height: 28³/₈ in (72 cm) Width: 35⁷/₈ in (91 cm) Depth: 17³/₄ in (45 cm)
Morel and Seddons were the principal suppliers of furniture and furnishinsg to George IV (1762 - 1830) during his extensive refurbishment of Windsor Castle between 1827 and 1830.
These card tables are typical of the extremely high quality furnishings that the company would have supplied to Windsor Castle.